- You can cancel any subscriptions that you pay for through PayPal under the Payments menu on the platform's website.
- Paying for your subscriptions with PayPal helps you keep track of your monthly spending — and makes it easier to cancel services you no longer need.
- You'll need to select the "Managing Your Automatic" payments option and select the subscription you wish to cancel from the list of merchants.
If you do not see the name of the merchant you want, your payments are not going through PayPal, and you will need to cancel with the company directly.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
PayPal is known across the internet as one of the most convenient and secure ways to pay for things online. But aside from keeping your identity secure when you shop via the web, PayPal has many other features that make it easier to keep track of your money.
One of these PayPal tools is subscription management. The online payments system offers you the ability to sign up for or cancel subscription services, whether newspapers or movie streaming sites, directly through your PayPal account. Your account keeps track of your subscriptions and auto-renew services under the Payment menu so that you can view and manage them all any time you want.
An advantage of paying for subscription services, including free trials, through PayPal is how easy it is to cancel them, especially when it comes to those pesky services that require you call a customer service agent to cancel. If you view your list of automatic payments and find that you're spending money on something you don't need, you can click a couple of buttons and stop future payments.
Here's how to do it.
How to cancel subscriptions through Paypal
1. Go to paypal.com and log in to your account.
2. Click the Gear icon in the upper right of the screen to go to the Settings menu.
3. In the top menu bar, choose Payments.
4. Select Manage Automatic Payments.
5. Above the merchants' list in the left column, ensure the "Show Active" option is selected.
6. Locate the merchant you want to cancel payments with. If you don't see the merchant you wish to remove, click the "See More" button to see more options.
7. At the top right of subscription history, click the Cancel button.
Image 3: Next to the cancel button should indicate whether the subscription is "Active" or "Inactive."
8. A warning will appear informing you that your service will be canceled if you stop payments. Click cancel again to confirm.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
'Can you use PayPal without a card?': Yes, you can — here are 6 things you can do on PayPal without a linked debit or credit card
Yes, PayPal does work internationally — here's how to transfer funds between more than 200 different countries
How to add a prepaid gift card to your PayPal account to use as a payment method
How to refund a payment on PayPal in 4 simple steps
How to remove your debit or credit card from PayPal in 5 simple steps
- Credit Card Industry and Market
- Mobile Payment Technologies
- Mobile Payments Industry
- Mobile Payment Market, Trends and Adoption
- Credit Card Processing Industry
- List of Credit Card Processing Companies
- List of Credit Card Processing Networks
- List of Payment Gateway Providers
- M-Commerce: Mobile Shopping Trends
- E-Commerce Payment Technologies and Trends
Source: Read Full Article