How to watch Hulu + Live TV on Roku, and stream over 60 live channels from one app
- To watch Hulu + Live TV on Roku, you'll need a Live TV subscription and a Roku streaming device that supports the newest Hulu app.
- You can use the search function on your Roku device to download the Hulu app and add it to your list of channels.
- With the Hulu app loaded, log into your Hulu + Live TV account to begin streaming over 60 live and on-demand channels.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Hulu + Live TV is a relatively new add-on to the traditional Hulu streaming video service, which gives you access to live and on-demand television programs from more than 60 channels, as well as a DVR-like recording feature.
If you subscribe to Hulu + Live TV, you can watch it on your Roku media player by adding the appropriate channel and logging into the service with your account information.
Hulu + Live TV costs $45 per month, but if you upgrade to Hulu with no advertisements and Live TV, it's $51 per month. There are other add-ons available at additional cost, like premium cable networks, entertainment networks, and additional storage for the cloud DVR recording feature.
For more information on pricing, check out our article, "A complete price breakdown for Hulu and Hulu + Live TV TV packages — here's everything you need to know."
How to watch Hulu + Live TV on Roku
To watch Hulu + Live TV on your Roku, you must be sure that you're subscribed to Hulu + Live TV. You can't do this from the Roku itself. Instead, use a browser to go to the Hulu website to upgrade, if necessary. If you are new to Hulu, you may be able to start a free trial.
When your account includes Hulu + Live TV, install the Hulu channel on your Roku player. Here's how to do that:
1. Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Select "Streaming Channels" in the list on the left side of the screen.
3. Select "Search Channels."
4. Search for "Hulu." When it appears in the search results, select "Add Channel."
5. After the channel is installed, select "OK."
6. Press the Home button again.
7. Find "Hulu" and select it to open the channel.
8. Sign in and you can start watching live TV on your Roku.
Which Roku players are compatible with Hulu + Live TV
Most Roku media players are fully compatible with Hulu + Live TV. However, a few older models can only use the "classic" version of the Hulu app, which doesn't support Hulu + Live TV.
Roku Streaming Players with model numbers 2400 to 3100 and the older Roku Streaming Sticks (models 3420 or earlier) can't play Hulu + Live TV.
To find out if your Roku player works with Hulu + Live TV:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select "Settings."
3. Select "System."
4. Select "About." You should see your model number.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
The best Roku channels you can add to watch free movies
'Does Roku have Spotify?': How to download and stream Spotify on your Roku device
'What is The Roku Channel?': A guide to Roku's home for free and premium TV, movies, and more
How to make the most out of the YouTube app on your Roku device
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Source: Read Full Article